ISO 14174 – S A AF 2 5644 DC H5 *)
(EN 760 – SA AF 2 DC)
*)H5: målt i avsatt metall i henhold til metode beskrevet i ISO 3690.
Strømtype: DC, Omtørkingsforhold: 200°C (±50°C).
Specially designed for welding austenitic and austenitic-ferritic stainless steels (Duplex). This basic, but neutral flux will produce outstanding results in the welding of the standard austenitic and heat-resisting stainless steels, when using the corresponding wire electrodes according to EN ISO 14343 or ASME II C: SFA-5.9. Due to the basic flux characteristics of BF 38 most grades of the 300-stainless steels can be welded using single or multiple wire submerged-arc processes. It is also suited for joint-and overlay welding of nickel alloys, together with adequate Ni-base wire electrodes.
BF 38 produces smooth flat weld beads when fillet welding. If appropriate welding parameters are applied a finely ribbed surface along with self-releasing slag is yielded as well as weld beads that are free of slag inclusions.
The metallurgical behaviour of the flux is neutral (C-neutral, low Si pick-up and low Mn burn-out) without Cr- or other alloy compensation.
Joint welding and surfacing of:
• Austenitic-ferritic stainless steels (DSS) such as grade 2205 (Duplex S31805/S32205 = 1.4462)
• Austenitic CrNi(Mo)-steels (including Nb/Ti and ELC-grades); resistant against intergranular corrosion in both the as-welded and solution-treated condition
• High-alloy CrNi(Mo)-steels for use at low temperatures and heat resisting steels
• Nickel-base alloys using NiCr- and NiCrMo- wire electrodes acc. to AWS A5.14 / EN ISO 18274
• Welding of dissimilar metals such as low alloy steel with stainless steel or special cryogenic steel (e.g.9%Ni- steel) in flat or 2G-position